Amarapura and Sagaing 1 Day Tour
Visit the 160 year old U Bein Bridge, the world’s longest teak bridge, composed of over a thousand teak posts Get a glimpse of monastery life in Mahagandayon Monastery,...
Code of Tour: TAD0000013609
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Mandalay-Amarapura-Sagaing-Mandalay
Departure City: Mandalay
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour: Private
Features of Tour:
- Visit the 160 year old U Bein Bridge, the world’s longest teak bridge, composed of over a thousand teak posts
- Get a glimpse of monastery life in Mahagandayon Monastery, the residence of over 1,500 monks at a time
- Cruise from the banks of Myitnge River then travel by horse drawn carriage to experience local life in Ava
- Explore Bargaya Monastery, the home of 176 teak pillars and impressive wood carvings
- Travel to U Min Thoze Pagoda and Soon Oo Ponya Shin Pagoda, located on the hill top of Sagaing
Experience the daily life of the locals in Myanmar with this one day tour of Amarapura and Sagaing, known as the religious and monastic center of the country. Begin the tour with a pick up at your hotel, then head towards Amarapura and see the U Bein Bridge, the world’s longest teak bridge! Watch as hundreds of residents and monks pedal their bicycles across its length, before you visit Mahagandayon Monastery and observe at least 1,500 monks going about their routines. Take a quick break for lunch, at your own expense, then board a ferry from the Myitnge River towards Ava. Hop on a horse-drawn carriage and explore your surroundings, making stops at Bargaya Monastery and Maha Aung Mye Bonzan Monastery, filled with impressive ornate wood carvings and intricate stuccoed sculpture. See the 45 gilded Buddha statues at U Min Thoze Pagoda and get an amazing view of the sunset at the Soon Oo Pon Nya Shin Pagoda, right before you head back to your hotel in Mandalay.